Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Missing It

Sunday morning I was whizzing around the house trying to get myself and everyone else ready for church. Though I love going to church...ON TIME...the "getting there" can be be a bit stressful. I spend so much time trying to direct others that they become used to not directing themselves. Well I was feverishly attempting to pulverize a wrinkle out of my eight year old's shirt when my husband Dwane called me over. He said "Come and worship with me." I stopped my spinning immediately and my mind flashed to the bible account of Mary, Martha and Jesus. Martha was so busy trying to make everything ready at home for Jesus that she almost missed the most important part--HIM. He had to call her twice to get her attention. Like Martha--I almost missed the best part of my day--the opportunity to worship at Jesus' feet. Thank You Lord for reminding me that my relationship with you is priority. Amen:)

No comments: