Saturday, October 10, 2009

You Are Well Able!

It's been 20 months since my husband's brain cancer diagnosis(That's Darryl's picture on the right). People are always commenting on how well our family is doing in the midst of it. Many are also suprised how upbeat I seem most of the time ( though I do have my "break down and cry days!"). I must admit that in the first few months of my husband's disease, I was a mess. I was angry, scared and overwhelmed. Yes I had the pity parties. I couldn't imagine how I was going to assume the sole leadership role of my family and the idea of being the "go to" person for everything was daunting! But in the mix of things, God reminded me that according to Psalms 139 that He had "scheduled every day of my life" and this was no exception.

How do I continue to make it? It's through God's ability--not my own! Just like in Numbers 13 and 14 when the Hebrew spies went to scout out the land of Canaan--negativity can arise. It's easy to see the challenges and cower in defeat. But when you fully trust in the Lord you can confidently face those giants in your life.He reminds us in His Word that we are well able to possess every opportunity and blessing from Him if we would just depend and rely on His strength and abilities. The exciting part is that God will use the gifts, talents and abilities he has placed in you right in the middle of your circumstances. I know because that is when I published my first book Your Life, His Masterpiece--right in the middle of the brain cancer saga!

I knew we were going to be alright because with God in control--success is guaranteed! Begin to see yourself as God sees you--a winner, overcomer and success story. No matter what you're facing, you are well able to meet the challenges with Christ in the lead!
Warm Wishes,
Lisa
EncourageMentor

Encouragement Principle: God confidence supercedes self confidence!

Selah Moment: In what areas do you need more God confidence? How will you activate that confidence today!

[The Lord said,] "My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 NLT

1 comment:

Zoe Elmore said...

I so enjoyed loking at your blog and reading this post.
Thank you for sharing your story on my blog regarding forgiveness, I am grateful for the wisdom you shared and hope you will continue to bless us with your thoughts on this and upcoming topics. You are a remakable woman