Friday, October 16, 2009

Bad Body Talk


There is an interesting question being asked at the Internet Cafe. That question is :"What is one message that your "tape recorder" (mind) is playing over and over in your head that is a lie?
God's Word is the only thing that has the power to change our minds. His truth is the only way to erase a lie."


Well one of the things that replays in my mind relates to my body. Every time I look in the mirror I began to look at myself with an overly critical eye. Thoughts like, "Your too heavy" and "You'd be happier if you're stomach were flatter" turn into words that pronounce a curse instead of a blessing. It says in Proverbs 18:21 NIV that "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. " God does not want us speaking words that will cause death to our self image. He is the potter and we are the clay--His workmanship that should always be in the process of becoming what HE wants us to be! When I begin to walk confidently in my Father(full hips and all) maybe it will encourage someone else to do the same.

God can and will use you--the WHOLE you---for His Glory. Begin to accept the wonderful way in which He fashioned you while in the process of caring for your "temple". Our beautifully different bodies are just the outer casing that we need to be a better stewards over, not the dictators of our destinies..

I have to make a conscious decision every day to resist the lies and speak only truth over my body and life because I know His grace is sufficient to walk me through every side and SIZE of my life!


"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is." Romans 12:2

Dear Lord ,
Thank you for custom designing me in such a wonderful way. Forgive me for the times when I accepted the lie that Your work called my body is not good enough. Help me to accept myself and become a good steward over my temple and may I present a reflection to others that pleases you. In Jesus' Name--Amen!

Warm Wishes,
Lisa

1 comment:

Toknowhim said...

Thanks for participating at the Cafe this week. I love to hear what others are saying :)